Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Principal Software Architect
iTech is a global digital marketing services company with a focus on digital media, online communities and comparison products. We create and develop flagship brands and optimise platforms to engage, inform and entertain global audiences across the most competitive comparison markets in the world: iGaming, Sports Betting and Personal Finance. We've brought to life over 150 products across 50+ countries and over 20+ languages, and the opportunities at iTech are unrivalled: you'll work with and learn from industry experts, deliver your best work and make a real impact.
We're a bootstrapped company, with 280+ awesome Arcs (our collective noun) today around the world. Our purpose is to Help People Make Smart Choices Online. We achieve our goals by building products that help people have fun, avoid the bad choices, and make the right play.
Why we need you:
We are looking to revamp our existing technology stack to create a streamlined next generation platform in order to turbo charge our continued growth plans. The aim is to provide a suite of tools and services that enable the creation of unique brands and experiences across our ever growing portfolio of products.
We’re looking for a Principal Architect to join our Engineering Chapter. You’ll be joining a team that have end to end responsibility for architecting, building and running our technical ecosystem, which consists of publishing and data platforms working with a number external feeds and internal analytics systems.
This role will be accountable for leading the architectural design of our next generation platform ensuring its best-in-class and able to support numerous verticals with a turnkey approach. It will require working in close collaboration with the application engineering teams ensuring a guild type approach with embedded engineering experts.
This role has a significant impact on the company wide portfolio as you will be a key contributor to defining the company wide engineering roadmap, which delivers best-in-class features and insights across everything we do.
What you'll be doing
- Own the creation of end to end architectural blueprints and technical designs.
- Lead as an evangelist across engineering to foster good design and practice.
- Lead the technology governance process, which should act as a guardrail but ensure innovation is still at the forefront of what we do.
- Create a collaborative culture to architecture and design throughout the engineering chapter.
- Work with the Global Head of Engineering to refine the technology Vision and Strategy.
- Work with stakeholders around the business to ensure support and buy-in to the technology strategy and Vision.
- Excellent design and presentation skills along with proven technical ability.
- Experience leading on large-scale software projects
- Track Record of defining technology requirements and leading design and build integrations.
- Knowledge of technology governance and selection best practices
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud design principles and infrastructure
- Ability to lead the selection of technology with vendors.
- Experience of working in digital marketing.
- Experience of designing and integrating content management systems (preferably Wordpress, Contentful or Directus) and solutions.
Bonus points for:
What we can do for you:
· Flexible working hours – “work your way”
· 25 days holiday, plus we close over end of year holiday period. You also get two days for your birthday and a life event, and two paid volunteering days a year.
· Private healthcare including dental, optical, physio, wellbeing and talking therapy
· Up to four months gender neutral paid parental leave
· Annual training budget, and regular training days to support your growth and development
· Social events
· Eligibility for our discretionary bonus scheme
· Company-wide share option scheme
· Pension contribution matched up to 10%
· Life insurance cover of 4x salary
Diversity, equity and inclusion at iTech Media
iTech celebrates diversity in our teams, and we take inclusion seriously here. We’re creating an unrivalled opportunity for our teams to grow and belong, and as we scale, we know we need the most talented people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come and join us. The more inclusive we are, the more epic experiences we can create for our communities.