Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Senior Backend Engineer
iTech is a high growth marketing and product development company. We build products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of iGaming and branching out into other industries - watch this space!
Our story is unique! We are a bootstrapped company, having grown to 300 people today and are looking to grow to 1000+ employees by 2025. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - we strive to give you the greatest experience of your working life while producing the best work you have ever done. We are looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
Will you be part of our journey?
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- The role requires working on a primarily greenfield project with great autonomy to work on architectural improvements and working in a Microservices architecture
- You will create industry-leading tools and services that remain stable and responsive while serving high amounts of traffic.
- You will work with and create efficient databases which remain stable even under heavy load.
Ticket to play:
- Experience in architecting and coding complex systems backed by a solid test suite
- Well-versed with system design technologies like cache management etc
- Experience of producing quality work using object-oriented PHP.
- Experience of experience with databases (MySQL is preferred).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- A good understanding of what impacts the speed of a website.
- Experience with unit testing (PHPUnit is preferred).
- Be familiar or experienced with the Symfony or similar frameworks.
- Debugging and code profiling experience.
- Knowledge of public API's and how to interact with them as well as how to build and manage your own.
What we can do for you:
• A chance to work with an epic team of passionate experts
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture
• Flexible working hours - "work your way"
• 25 days' holiday + 6 days over xmas holiday period + 2 days for birthday and life event + 2 volunteering days
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing
• Weekly wellbeing activities - mindfulness & nutrition
• Yearly training budget of £1000
• Company wide share option scheme
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%
• Life insurance cover of 4x salary