Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
iTech helps people make smart choices online. We create experiences and products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of gaming. We are rapidly growing. iTech is looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
We believe that our four values unlock the potential in each of us to achieve great things. Our unique culture empowers our diverse, talented and high-performing teams in Engineering, UX & Design, SEO, Experimentation & Analytics, Content, Marketing, Product and many more.
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- The main responsibilities of the role will be to assist in driving, managing and producing high quality interactive widgets and tools for both users and also your fellow team members.
- You will be tasked with creating industry leading engagement and interactivity in a highly competitive industry. You also will be responsible for helping improve and refactor the current codebase, in an effort to enhance the workflow of the network of sites being worked on.
- Additionally, you will work on making cutting-edge and creative tools that will make the rest of the Tech Team's jobs more streamlined, which means that you will need to be confident in your backend development skills. The role will require you to be fluent and confident on both backend and front-end technologies.
Ticket to play:
- A full working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to easily navigate and understand the document object model.
- Know what impacts the speed of a website from both the front and backend and take it into consideration with every piece of code you write.
- Have experience with and also be able to use a version control system.
- Not only be able to write excellent procedural code, but also write object-oriented PHP and be fully versed on classes, objects, interfaces.
- Be experienced with the Symphony or similar frameworks.
- MySQL experience for queries and command line fixes.
- Understanding of caching technologies and how they work and when they should be used.
- Debugging and code profiling experience.
- Knowledge of public API's and how to interact with them as well as how to build and manage your own.
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Bonus points: Experience with TDD / DDD
- Bonus points: Experience with various DB tools (SQL, non-SQL)
- Bonus points: Experience with Big Data tools (e.g. Amazon key-value DB)
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
• Yearly training budget of £1000.
• Company parties.
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
• 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
• Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
• Annual travel season ticket loan.
• In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
• Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
• Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
• Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
• Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
• Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
• Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%.