Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Senior Data Engineer
iTech helps people make smart choices online. We create experiences and products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of gaming. We are rapidly growing. iTech is looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
We believe that our four values unlock the potential in each of us to achieve great things. Our unique culture empowers our diverse, talented and high-performing teams in Engineering, UX & Design, SEO, Experimentation & Analytics, Content, Marketing, Product and many more.
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
Dream of working on another meaningful & impactful data related problem from the ground up or want to tackle your first? Then this role at iTech Media could be just what you are looking for.
Our newly formed data engineering team have a mission to build a state of the art single source of truth Data platform. Bringing together a diverse array of data sources that will provide secure insight and analysis across all sectors of the business. Powering our data science algorithms to better understand content, audiences, behaviour and engagement, driving subscriptions and providing predictive models.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Manage the design and development of new applications and services within iTech
- Identify the best technologies to use for projects supported by business cases
- Work on data integration from a wide variety of data sources using API’s (HTTP, REST)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture as well as assembling large complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Implement data transformations on raw data to provide relevant business information
- Keep our data secure across AWS regions by putting best security practices in place and defining data retention policies
- Monitor performance and advise on infrastructure changes
- Work with data transformations processes ETL, ELT
- Working with Snowflake data cloud
Tickets to play:
- Snowflake (and/ or other similar data warehouses)
- AWS and services (EMR, API Gateway. S3)
- Awareness of agile and DevOps principals/ practices (CI/CD)
- Strong SQL experience
- Experienced with relational and non-relational databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Understanding of message queuing (Kafka, RabbitMQ), stream processing and highly scalable big data stores
- Python, Java or scala
- Proficient with ETL tools
- Distributed systems
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
• Yearly training budget of £1000.
• Company parties.
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
• 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
• Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
• Life insurance cover of 4x salary
• Annual travel season ticket loan.
• In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
• Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
• Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
• Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
• Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
• Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
• Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%.