Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Senior Engineering Manager (Data)
iTech helps people make smart choices online. We create experiences and products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of gaming. We are rapidly growing. iTech is looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
We believe that our four values unlock the potential in each of us to achieve great things. Our unique culture empowers our diverse, talented and high-performing teams in Engineering, UX & Design, SEO, Experimentation & Analytics, Content, Marketing, Product and many more.
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Build and mentor a diverse team through hiring, coaching and hands-on career development of Software Engineers (Backend and Front-End) and Data Engineers
- Drive technical initiatives and projects, giving support and fostering innovation along the way with heavy emphasis on ownership
- Task planning and code reviews
- Advocate for advancing technologies with agile and other organisational practices
- Own the technical design and tooling choices made by the team
- Grow a collaborative culture and a healthy team aligned with the company values
- Interpret business briefs and translating them into software engineering and technical solutions
- Contribute and own Data tribe initiatives, working with other managers in Chapters (Engineering, Experimentation & Analytics, Delivery, Product, UX & Design, SEO) towards continuous improvement
Tickets to play:
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers with technical coaching and a proven-track record of growing people
- Hands-on experience in one of the following: Java, PHP, Python, C# or C++
- Experience of managing data teams (data warehouse, engineering or data science)
- Strong knowledge of software architecture patterns (microservices, SOA, serverless, event-driven) for scalable, robust and fault-tolerant systems
- Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of DevOps culture and experience in coaching others to adopt a DevOps mindset
- Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS (desirable)
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
• Company wide share option scheme.
• Yearly training budget of £1000.
• Company parties.
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
• 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
• Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
• Life insurance cover of 4x salary
• Annual travel season ticket loan.
• In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
• Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
• Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
• Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
• Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
• Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
• Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%.