Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Site Reliability Engineer/Contractor
iTech is a global digital marketing services company with a focus on digital media, online communities and comparison products. We create and develop flagship brands and optimise platforms to engage, inform and entertain global audiences across the most competitive comparison markets in the world: iGaming, Sports Betting and Personal Finance. We've brought to life over 150 products across 50+ countries and over 20+ languages, and the opportunities at iTech are unrivalled: you'll work with and learn from industry experts, deliver your best work and make a real impact.
We're a bootstrapped company, with 280+ awesome Arcs (our collective noun) today around the world. Our purpose is to Help People Make Smart Choices Online. We achieve our goals by building products that help people have fun, avoid the bad choices, and make the right play.
Why we need you:
You will join our SRE team, which work closely with all Engineers within the company to ensure they are providing the best support and resources to everyone sothey can easily and reliably select and use the most optimal platforms for each use case.
Together as a team you will support, learn and drive at some point technically interesting migration projects from new acquisitions to existing products to ensure high availability, cost efficiency, monitoring and performance across the board. In this role you will be expected to work with other engineers to improve and evolve the company’s CI/CD capabilities, driving improvements in efficiency, performance, and reliability.
This role will give you the opportunity to develop and work with an epic pool of talented engineers that are continuously improving our engineering ways of working. We build and maintain platform, we are automation obsessed as well as we like improving performance.
Not only that, but we also follow an application E2E from the way it gets deployed to how it gets monitored and put on our underlying centralized infrastructure.
Tools we use: GitHub, Docker, AWS (EKS, EC2, Cloudwatch, ECR, ECS and so on), Terraform, Helm, K8S, Jenkins, Linux, Cloudflare, Prometheus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to SRE activities from cloud strategy to day-to-day operations.
- Be involved in improving availability and report across globally distributed websites.
- Seek for growth in capabilities for improving and automating infrastructure operations.
- Support Software Engineers with CI/CD and DevOps topics.
- Be there for your colleagues and get your hands dirty together.
- Support, learn, drive both technically & logistics of interesting migration projects from new acquisitions to existing product to ensure high availability, cost efficiency, monitoring and performance across the board.
- Proficiency with Linux operation system (admin or advanced user experience).
- Solid AWS experience and knowledge (including navigation, use and consume most common services, troubleshooting, architecting is nice to have).
- Experience with CI/CD toolings and pipelines.
- Knowledge of DevOps culture combined to a DevOps mindset.
- Skill in any automation tools.
- K8s hands-on experience
- Cloud migration experience is a plus.
- TechLead/People manager experience/aspiration is a plus.
Here at iTech Media we’re real believers in an interview being a two-way process, this is as much about you finding out everything you need to know about us as well as getting to know you. To help you understand what the process will involve:
- Initial Conversation with a member of the Talent Team – approx. 30 mins
- 1st Stage Interview with SRE team members – 45 mins
- Take Home Test (we’ll email you some details)
- 2nd Stage Interview (Task) with Senior Engineering Manager, Teach Lead or Site Reliability Engineer – 60 mins
All the interview stages are held over Zoom. If you have a disability, a learning difficulty as dyslexia, a medical condition or other individual need for an adjustment to our process; and you believe this may affect your performance in selection, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Please let us know in good time, so that we can support you to perform at your best.
Diversity, equity and inclusion at iTech Media
iTech celebrates diversity in our teams, and we take inclusion seriously here. We’re creating an unrivalled opportunity for our teams to grow and belong, and as we scale, we know we need the most talented people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come and join us. The more inclusive we are, the more epic experiences we can create for our communities.