Careers at iTech
Search by job title or keyword
Software Engineer, Data
iTech helps people make smart choices online. We create experiences and products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of gaming. We are rapidly growing. iTech is looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
We believe that our four values unlock the potential in each of us to achieve great things. Our unique culture empowers our diverse, talented and high-performing teams in Engineering, UX & Design, SEO, Experimentation & Analytics, Content, Marketing, Product and many more.
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Design, implement and maintain scalable backend microservices for web applications in AWS
- Design, implement and maintain REST APIs compliant with OpenAPI standards
- Design, implement and maintain relational and non-relational DBMS for storing data
- Create and maintain documentation about backend services and architecture changes
- Seek opportunities to increase data processing and storage performance with caching or other relevant technologies
- Work with other Software Engineers (Backend and Front-End) and Data Engineers to ensure applications are serving and storing data to fit our services end-to-end
- Write automated tests for backend services and APIs
- Code reviews
Tickets to play:
- Python, R or Scala
- AWS cloud services (IAM, S3, EC2, RDS)
- Experience of event-driven architecture and message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kafka)
- ETL pipelines tools (Matillion, Spark, Hadoop or similar)
- REST, HTTP, SOAP/XML, Websockets APIs
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Postgresql, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar)
- Version control software (Github, Bitbucket or similar)
- Agile methodologies, DevOps and CI/CD practices with Docker
- Workflow software such as Airflow, Luigi or Jenkins (desirable)
- Data warehousing technologies such as Snowflake (desirable)
- Data security fundamentals and prevention of XSS, SQL injection or other attacks (desirable)
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
• Company wide share option scheme.
• Yearly training budget of £1000.
• Company parties.
• Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
• 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
• Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
• Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
• Life insurance cover of 4x salary
• Annual travel season ticket loan.
• In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
• Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
• Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
• Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
• Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
• Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
• Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
• Pension contribution matched up to 10%.